Heartcastle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Introduce yourself!

4 posters

Go down

Introduce yourself! Empty Introduce yourself!

Post by Admin Sun Jul 31, 2016 6:11 pm

Oh, this sounds too regular. But I found this must be done!

I am sister555, Admin (ahem) of this forum.
I live in Tokyo, Japan.
I can do E to J and J to E.
I love fun. I love the Japanese pop duo WaT, and Wentz Eiji and Koike Teppei respectively.
I also love Yuzuru Hanyu, who I think is the greatest figure skater now.
I also love UK Indie music (mostly '80s - '90s) and Japanese manga, drama, anime.
I'm always willing to help others as to something related Japanese,
so please feel free to ask at the Ask corner!
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://castle.iftopic.com

Back to top Go down

Introduce yourself! Empty Re: Introduce yourself!

Post by zaogao Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:33 pm

Hi! I agree, introductions must be made! Smile
I am zaogao, a lowly peon of this forum Very Happy.

I'm a master of English, but I live in Sicily, so I generally speak Italian (and a little dialect) in my day-to-day life. I translate from English to Italian and Italian to English (written, and as an interpreter for tourists and visitors!).

My other languages are in a little bit of disrepair at the moment, because until recently, when I began translating professionally, I didn't have much chance to use them regularly. So I still have a tendency to translate them into English, rather than both ways (but I'm studying and working on improving!). I can speak and read Chinese well (both simplified and traditional script), Japanese I am working on (when I read it, I still "hear" the kanji with Chinese pronunciation a lot of the time!! It is really weird.) I can read Tamil and understand it if it's spoken slowly, but I don't have much opportunity to practice or translate it. Spanish, French and Portuguese are easy for me to understand, but I can only speak them badly! I can translate them into English or Italian quite well.

I can also read Hebrew and Ancient Greek, but my understanding is limited, and the dictionaries are heavy!

I enjoy relaxing and cooking foods from all over the world (I used to be a chef, but now I cook at home, according to my whims). At home, I eat mostly Japanese food, Indian food, and Chinese food -- and Italian food, since I live in Sicily. Like with languages, I find great pleasure in discovering the connections between cuisines and techniques, and thinking about the history that has connected people together.

I'm also an avid swimmer, and a trained swimming instructor. In my spare time, I make pottery and sculptures, and do a little painting. My partner is interested in game development, so I also write story content and do artwork to help him. I try to avoid writing computer code if I can help it, but I do enjoy computer languages, too! I also write in my spare time, but not as often as I'd like to. I am lazy about it, because given a choice between writing and watching anime, anime almost always wins!

I enjoy music very much, but what I listen to varies a lot with my mood, and even the weather! Lately, I've been enjoying the new album FIXION from The Oral Cigarettes quite a lot (especially the song 『カンタンナコト』) and T.M. Revolution always puts me into a happy mood, as does Wu Bai & China Blue, from Taiwan. For English-language music, I like Mr. Bungle and Tomahawk a lot, and also Faith No More (I'm a fan of the lead singer of all these bands, Mike Patton -- who even has an Italian-language song album of his own!). If I've got quite angry and a little depressed, I listen to Slipknot or Shostakovich (the Russian classical composer). I also like the German band Rammstein, but I don't know any German at all!!!

I am a *huge* fan of anime and manga (which arose first from my love of ukiyo-e Japanese prints, and continued because they are wonderful modern art-forms, themselves). I am not in the least ashamed to call myself an otaku.

And I like planting and gardening, but I'm not particularly good at it.

I am always happy to help anyone with any questions related to English translation (you can write to me in English or in any of the other languages I've mentioned, except German!) in the "Ask" corner. And I'm also happy to chat in the Free-Flow corner about anything and everything -- I love having fun conversations with friends!
zaogao
zaogao

Back to top Go down

Post by samirads Mon Aug 01, 2016 5:08 am

Hello everyone, I'm Samira (first one born in Cape Verde), at the age of six I moved to Italy and immediately integrated the Italian school system. My sister (also a Conyac member for a while now after myself) and I moved to Rome with my mother, divorced about three years prior, who was there as a diplomat. Our small family eventually separated and grew; I'm the only one who hasn't started a family yet. We are now dispersed, since we normally live in 3 different continents, but we literally speak every given day. I have a very close relationship with my sister, who is in fact like the yin to my yang; she lives in Brasil with her French husband and 2 children, the most wonderful kids I know, in every possible way. My mother and Italian husband live half the year in Cape Verde and half in Italy, Tuscany - Sarteano (Siena), always chasing the warm weather...
I never looked my age, people usually think I'm about 20 years younger. I feel that way too. I wish to be a mom someday, of twins hopefully since they say I don't have much time left, living with my prince, whom I found 2 years ago but seams to have more important concerns than me: he is always working on his final paper to become a movie director. For him I begun writing poems, inspired by our short facebook conversations. I'll leave an example, the one I wrote when, after many months, he finally logged in and lots of his friends (mainly female) commented on how they had missed him, while I just couldn't do the same even if I truly meant it. Here it is:

498, Online activity

The rush the fuss of you that close
as I go on with all the browse
you're nearer by, you're on facebook
where many things can be mistook.
I find myself ever more out
compelled to give the loudest shout.
I miss you most I want to say
and get the right to win away.
I am the one who stands aside
while has a place for you inside.
Look for your likes in movie choice
find out you always show your voice.
We must agree from what we see
that you are passionate as can be.
Hurry up please my happy day
for I can't stand with you away.
You say we'll get together soon
well I'll pretend to time immune.
(The number preceding the title refers to the days since we met and never saw each other again, today it would be the 767th)

I grew up in a multilingual environment. Portuguese is my maternal language, however, Italian is my first language, the one in which I learned the abc. I'm bilingual and fluent in 5 languages (Italian, Portuguese, English, French and Spanish). My natural tendency to empathize when I come into contact with new people and cultures allows me to keep learning new languages with relative ease of pronunciation. Learning German is a recent example of what last stated. I studied latin for five years in high school, Liceo Scientifico, and that is still very helpful.

Communication is an area with which I've always had contact, also by teaching different languages either to Italian, Brazilian or Chinese speaking learners. Albeit not consecutively, I've had experiences in translation for years, as well as one as an interpreter for a book presentation for an Italian audience. I definitely consider it to be a responsibility task, and therefore always guide my job under this criteria. I am an architect.

About me people say that I am a kind person, who puts all her energy, enthusiasm and professionalism in whatever she does seeking the best results.
I got used to hear how good my impact on people is and I still can't ever find the right response, the truth is that I always felt repaid just by doing a good job, and that's what ultimately makes my day.

From the time when I was about 12 years old I became a vegetarian and I've always lived healthy and eventually less remorseful, since it wasn't always possible to completely exclude from my everyday life every animal by-products (certain types of shoes for instance). Anyway I do what I possibly can to keep reducing my carbon foot-print.

Always caring for "everyone" I come into contact with, a defining moment for me was taking the First Aid course, which allowed me to give competent help in more than one occasion since.

I have a beautiful black and white cat and always build things for him; sadly enough, not many hobbies or passions to talk about, but I still feel accomplished and satisfyed with numberless small things; when comes to music I prefer listening to the oldies; I watch a lot of tv series on streaming; in person, I'm not a great verbalizer, I usually come out as very shy, that I am, but not as much as I once was; I trust rigorously everyone, and following my instincts never let me down.

I'm glad to have met you guys and hope to be working/chatting/having fun with you!

samirads

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Aug 01, 2016 5:15 am

Wow!!  This topic is getting some write-longer contest!!!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jetrans Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:20 pm

Hi everyone,

I am a Indian, residing in India..
I work as a freelance Japanese to English translator.
Resided in Tokyo for 5 yrs(I really miss and cherish those days), had quite Japanese friends too...that really improved by pronounciation...

I know Marathi, Hindi English and of course Japanese....

I am trying to study for N2...(trying???) no time and energy after all the household work and kids...

well nice to meet all here...

Will keep troubling you all by asking my querries...be rady...
Sister555 all the best...for this new venture...and hearty congrats!!!!!...come to India, Pune...to have a grand party from me......Smile

jetrans

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:31 pm

Thank you jetrans, and welcome to our forum!!

I'm really sorry I had to delete your current post, but translation-related question cannot be posted here.

You should:
Visit "Ask" section and creat your own topic.
Please avoid a typical topic name.
Bad example:  "Help!"  "How do you say this?"

As I wrote in Conyac chatroom, it would be a good idea if the topic name is taken from the name or the paper you are just working on.

And, as this is a non-limited (but closed) forum, you can post the relevant the whole sentences or paragraph in question.
(Although I recommend if you delete the said paragraph once a trouble is solved, for basically it should not be disclosed.)

So move on to the "Ask" section and create a new topic.  Okay?

I'd like to get a chance to visit India... after I earned enough money! And I was quite surpirsed to know you have children!!

P.S. - Sorry for troubling you, but my nickname begins with a small letter, even at the beginning of the sentence! lol.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum